Get to know Notebook Love's home rules
Notebook Love is a marketplace where businesses can sell their quality paper notebooks, journals, bullet journals, diaries, planners, to-do lists, sketchbooks, exercise books and supplies directly to buyers around the world. It is important that you(the business) and your buyers have a positive experience on Notebook Love. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you as a seller.
- What Can be Sold on Notebook Love
- What Can't be Sold on Notebook Love
- Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
- Communicating with Other Notebook Love Members
- Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
- Creating and Uploading Content
- Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
- Providing Great Customer Service
- Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns and Exchanges
1. What Can I Sell on Notebook Love
Notebook Love is a unique marketplace that is solely dedicated for quality notebook items. By notebooks we means paper notebooks, journals, bullet journals, diaries, planners, to-do lists, sketchbooks, exercise books.
Buyers come here to purchase these particular items. Therefore, everything listed for sale on Notebook Love must be paper notebooks, journals, bullet journals, diaries, planners, to-do lists, sketchbooks and/or exercise books.
Notebook items are items such as paper notebooks, journals, bullet journals, diaries, planners, to-do lists, sketchbooks, exercise books.
If you sell quality notebook items, you agree that:
- All quality notebook items are your brand, made or designed by you, or you have the licensed to represent the brand you are selling. If you have a licence to represent quality notebook items that is not yours, you must disclose and accurately describe item licensee in your listings.
- You are using your own photographs – not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites. Read more about using appropriate photographs in this Help article.
If you are selling personalised or made-to-order items, you agree that:
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customisation (like colour choices) included in the listing, it must be clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
We encourage you to be transparent about how your quality paper notebook items were made and where your materials come from. You can disclose whether your items have social or environmental attributes, such as organic or recycled. You can also select the location of manufacture. Learn more here
2. What Can I not Sell on Notebook Love
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Notebook Love.
Reselling is not allowed on Notebook Love. Reselling refers to listing an item as quality notebook such paper notebooks, journals, bullet journals, diaries, planners, to-do lists, sketchbooks and/or exercise books when you were not the brand owner, the item is not made or designed by you, or you haven’t the licence to represent the brand you are selling. It also refers to curating a collection of others.
Bear in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Notebook Love's review. Notebook Love may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Notebook Love may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be bound to pay any outstanding Membership Fees on your Notebook Love statement. You can find more information in our Fees & Payments Policy.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity through the items you are selling (donate any portion of your sales to charity), you must obtain that charity appropriate consent from the charitable organisation to use their name and trademark. Also:
- Include clear information about the donation details and the organisation you’re supporting in your listing description(s) and other public shop pages.
- Each listing supporting a charity must represent a tangible item for sale that meets Notebook Love’s Seller Policy. Listings cannot be created solely for the purpose of transferring money.
- Notebook Love can't verify donations. Each seller is responsible for ensuring the correct receipt of proceeds to a specific organisation. Transactions for charity are entered into at the buyer's risk.
- Do not send unsolicited donation requests using any contact features and/or any of the community features.
3. Honestly Represent Yourself, Your Shop and Your Listings
At Notebook Love we ask that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items and your business.
By selling on Notebook Love, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your Shop Description.
- You are joining as a business and you don't insert personal information such as personal email, address and payment details.
- Honour your Shop Shipping Policy.
- Honour Notebook Love Return Policy.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Notebook Love.
- Not engage in fee avoidance as explained in our Fees & Payment Policy.
- Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of manipulating search or circumventing Notebook Love's policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
4. Communicating with Other Notebook Love Sellers
You can use Notebook Love “Contact Seller” to communicate directly with your buyers or other Notebook Love Sellers. Conversations are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Conversations should not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another sellers or discrimination;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another seller
Interference occurs when a seller intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Notebook Love. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another seller via Notebook Love “Contact Seller” to warn them away from a particular member, shop or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another seller;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor's Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member's advertising budget, also known as 'click fraud'.
Any use of Notebook Love conversation features to harass other sellers is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Notebook Love conversation features may not be used to support or glorify hatred or discrimination. If you are victim of a communication that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
5. Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honour requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorised disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Notebook Love-related communications or for Notebook Love-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorised transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable Notebook Love policies and laws, you may not add any Notebook Love buyer to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you're responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance. If Notebook Love and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if Notebook Love is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer's personal information, you agree to indemnify Notebook Love for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
6. Creation and Use of Content
As a member of Notebook Love, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, “Contact Seller”, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or discrimination;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
7. Build a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a brand reputation on Notebook Love. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within any day days after their item’s estimated delivery date. However, Notebook Love will automatically send a review request to buyers (users) within 10 to 15 working days after the estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not respected this may cause buyers to leave a negative review.
We highly encourage you to honour the delivery date you set (in line with your Shipping Policy) to avoid unnecessary negative reviews.
Buyers can disable their review feature of their seller-page including the photograph. However sellers are enable to disable reviews and ratings posted on the individual product page.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavourable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Additionally if believe that the negative review has be posted unfairly and/or in the intention to damage your brand please do contact us and we will take the appropriate action.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a delivery carrier, Etsy or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
8. Provide Excellent Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on Notebook Love, you agree to:
- Honour the dispatch and processing times you set in Shipping Policies. Sellers are obligated to dispatch an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Respond to messages from buyers in a timely manner.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Dispute Resolution team can help through our case system. Read about your rights and responsibilities regarding cases here.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order. Read about how to cancel an order in this Help article.
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers.
9. Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding delivery, cancellations, returns and exchanges. Please familiarise yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
European Union Right of Withdrawal
Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. The right of withdrawal does not apply to custom items. Read more about the EU Right of Withdrawal in this Help article.
Notebook Love’s Case System
We ask buyers to contact sellers directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Notebook Love. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your Shipping Policies and regularly respond to ‘Contact Seller” from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open cases within three days or the time frame noted by Notebook Love in the case. Notebook Love may request your assistance in resolving a case opened against your shop. Notebook Love reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
By using Notebook Love’s case system, you understand that Notebook Love may use your business information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. Cases can be filed in the following circumstances:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was dispatched to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Notebook Love.
- Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased four items but only received three).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
NOTE: “Not as Described” cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not dispatch the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Conversations.
If Notebook Love determines that an item is not as described, you will be required to refund the order, including original postage and return postage.
- Ineligible Transactions
Some disputes don’t qualify for Notebook Love’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by the delivery carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to delivery delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer's expectations.
- Cost of delivery disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Notebook Love.
- Transactions where payment is not made via Notebook Love’s checkout system.
When a dispute is ineligible for our case system, we encourage both parties to work together to come to an amicable solution.