Sellers are required to pay the following types of fees:
- Membership Fees
- Transaction & Payment Processing Fees
- Delivery fees
1. Membership Fees
Notebook Love membership starts with a 30-day free trial. Within that time, members can also decide to change Membership Plans.
Subscribers can choose different option of plans that includes Monthly, Biannually (every six month) or Yearly payments.
The cost of the plans are:
- Monthly: £34 per calendar month
- Biannually: £22 per month - £132 charged every six months
- Yearly: £14 per month - £168 charged once a year
Auto-renew - Subscription fees will be charged on the same day every month in your domestic currency. For example, if for the Monthly plan, your first fee has been charged on 10th September, then the following charges will be taken on 10th October, 10th November and so on. This principle is also applicable for the Biannually and the Yearly plans.
If for the Monthly plan, your first fee, was charged on 31st May, then the following charges will be taken on 30th June because that is the last day of the month (the fee may be on the 1st July).
You can cancel your Notebook love subscription by deactivating your Membership Plan anytime. You will have access to your Notebook Love’s Membership account until the end of that subscription cycle.
If you would like to cancel your Membership Plan before the end of the subscription cycle you will still be charged for the remainder of that subscription cycle.
Sellers can decide to change plans at the end of their current subscription cycle.
2. Transaction & Payment Processing Fees
For U.K. sellers (with payment account in British Pound - GBP) you will be charged a Transaction (per order) Fee of £0.98 and Payment Processing Fee of 8% per transaction:
- £0.98 is the fixed amount Transaction Fee that is deducted for every sale from the full of the product.
- 8% is the Payment Processing Fee in percentage amount that is deducted for every sale from the actual price of the product.
Read the Sellers' Earnings for more details.
The items you list are displayed in British Pounds (GBP) regardless of where the buyer makes their purchase from. Although users (buyers) might use the currency converter tool available to them on NotebookLove.com, so that they can see the value of the item with their local currency, we’ll receive the actual payment in GBP.
3. Delivery fees
This is the fee that sellers add to the price of their product to cover the shipping cost.
Notebook Love offers to sellers a facility called ‘Shipping Configuration’ to set their own shipping rate per zone (A zone is a group of countries with the same shipping rate). This means that if sellers set a shipping rate for a particular zone, then the same shipping will be applied for all the countries within that zone. The shipping zones are: United Kingdom, Channel Islands Northern Europe, Europe and Eastern Europe as detailed below:
- United Kingdom: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Man Island
- Channel Islands: Guernsey, Jersey
- Northern Europe: Åland Islands, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden.
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, Reunion Island, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Vatican City State, Channel Islands
- Eastern Europe: Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine.
On the cart page (during checkout), customers will have an option to calculate the shipping rates on the added products. Customers will get to know about the shipping prices that they need to pay during checkout before entering their account details thus reducing the rates of abandoned checkouts.